Monday, January 3, 2011

How do you prepare for this?

I'm trying to mentally prepare myself for a trip to the hospital to see an old friend who is dying. She began her battle with cancer less than two years ago. I haven't spoken to her in several years, but we used to be the closest of friends. It breaks my heart to know what her family is going through right now. I got a text from her sister that now is the time to come to the hospital to say goodbye. How do you prepare to say goodbye to someone who is dying at 29? I didn't feel this much dread when my grandmother was in the hospital. Old people are supposed to die, 29 year olds are not. As soon as my hubby gets home, I will be going up to the hospital to say goodbye to someone who used to be my best friend in the world. It was at her house that I discovered I was pregnant with my oldest, it was her who introduced me to Type O Negative, I really feel I owe a lot of who I am today to being her friend and having her there with me through high school, through all the torment and name calling. She was my best friend, and I hate the stupid things I did that made that end. I wish I had made motions to repair the damage so that we could have been friends again. Dusty, you will always hold a special place in my heart as one of the best friends I have ever had. I hope you are able to find comfort from the pain. I'm so glad that we were friends and I will miss you. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment