Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A Heartfelt "Thank You"

A lot of my blogger friends are posting about what makes them amazing and asking others to think about what makes them amazing. I was going to chime in with what makes me amazing (it's more of a self empowering thing, rather then a bragging thing) but I thought about it last night as I laid on the couch (because my back hurt too bad for me to do much of anything else) and I would rather post about what makes my friends and family amazing.

First of all, I owe a huge debt of gratitude to my hubby. He was just being the awesome hubby he always is, but after my dad passed, he took the whole week off from both jobs and was the parent to my boys that I couldn't be. There is no way I would have gotten through that week as well as I did if it hadn't been for him. I was in no condition to be a mom, I was too overwhelmed with trying to comprehend how my dad could really be gone to be a mother. He stepped in and made sure that everyone got fed and bathed. He made sure that no one burnt the house down because I probably would not have noticed. He's the main reason I made it through the whole ordeal more or less whole.

I also need to thank all my friends out there, those whom I've met and those on the internet. You ladies are another huge reason I made it through that awful week. Hubby had to sleep at some point, and all of you picked up where he left off. I don't sleep much and it was wonderful to be able to have someone to talk to at 3am, a virtual shoulder can be as good as a real shoulder. Not all of you know exactly what it's like to lose a parent, but you were all so understanding and patient with my broken record of sadness and disbelief.

In short, I guess what I'm trying to say is that I love you for doing all you could to help me get through the hardest thing I've ever done. I love that I have such a huge support system to catch me when I fall. You all are the reason I didn't fall flat on my face.

1 comment:

  1. We love you. That's what friends are meant for. You're a doll and we'll always be here for your up and your downs. : ) And if you ever need anyone to tell you exactly why you're beautiful...ya know...just ask one of us. I keep a list handy for occasions like this!

    ReplyDelete