Monday, January 24, 2011

Dad's Last Great Adventure

My state is so stupid. They made it mandatory for death certificates to be filed online and not all doctors/coroners are registered with the online system, so things are way backed up. It took the state 3 weeks to get dad's death certificate filed. My dad died 3 weeks ago and was *just now* cremated. I've talked to my mom and I will be taking some of dad's ashes to Turkey Run, Bridgeton, and Oregon. We will also be having an old friend of dad's take his some of his ashes and scatter them where dad used to go mushroom hunting. Mom is going to spread some of his ashes around a pine tree he planted in the yard. He's going to forever be in the places that he loved and that meant the most to him. He had never been to Oregon, but he loved the pictures my cousin and I posted. I may see if my uncle would like some to spread around his yard, he was my dad's twin and they spent almost every birthday together since they turned 50 and dad loved visiting him in Texas. I think spreading his ashes will make his death real to me in a way nothing else has. It's been 3 weeks and I still can't believe he's gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment